Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Is Not A Lonely Christmas After All...

Next Sunday, the whole world will be celebrating Christmas. It was a day when majority of the population around the world, regardless Christian or non-christian, enjoying their happy moment with their love one, and exchanging presents. Christmas is really an lively celebration, where the street will be lighten up with colourfull lights, singing of carols and not to forget, the beautiful Christmas tree decorated in the supermarket. What a day Christmas was.

For me, the Christmas nowadays has become quite commercialize. The real purpose of Christmas celebration is to remember the birth of Jesus in this world, even though some sources said that Jesus was not actually born on 25th of December. 25th December was named just as a symbolic day of the birth of Jesus. So, the real celebration of Christmas should be a day people remember Jesus. However, I can see that by the way Christmas was being celebrated, I think it is a way to show to GOD that everyone in this world had been living happily.

Christmas had not been in my diary as a day of celebration. For my whole life, I didn't really celebrate Christmas. For me, Christmas was just another day where I stay lazily in house ever since I was still studying in primary and secondary school. The only celebration I had in my schooling life is when I was in Lower Six, where I went to my friend's open house. It was the night when I got myself my first can of beer.

When I was in university, the only celebration of Christmas was when I was in second year of my study. That year, during Christmas eve, I followed a group of my friends for count down ceremony in Gurney Drive. And then, we spent to whole night there, sitting at the seaside, without anything above our head. It was lucky that it didn't rain that day. The whole night was spent talking and talking. However, as time passes by, all of us felt tired and just sat down quietly, awaiting for the next day to arrive so that we could get a bus to go back. It was a very tiring day, but it is one of the most memorable day I spent with my friends.

This year, I thought that I will be all alone and lonely again during Christmas. I nearly started to sing a song by Eason Chan, which sounded like this..."Merry, merry Christmas, lonely, lonely Christmas...". How wrong I was. Yesterday, my friend called me and to my surprise, she told me that some of them will be coming down to Malacca to look for me during Christmas. This means that I will have something on during Christmas this year. I am really looking forward to this Saturday. However, the only set back for this celebration is, since it was an eleventh hour plan, I will not have my car with me, since I had decided to send my car for repair during this holiday. But then, as long as I can meet my friends, why should I care for such a small set back, isn't it???

"....I sincerely wish all my friends, a Happy Christmas to them, and pray that all of them will work hard for their dream..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home