Monday, December 12, 2005

The Sense of Deja-vu

I was invited to my friend's birthday celebration yesterday. Even though the invitation came a bit late, I still made an effort to go for the dinner. Well, I don't really ate a lot in yesterday dinner, because before that, I had to went for my neighbour's open house (her son is married today). However, the real purpose of me attending my friend's birthday dinner is to get a chance to gather with my friend after such a long time, besides celebrating her birthday.

During the dinner, I got to know her boy friend and two of her friend, one is an ex-USM student, and the other one currently still studying in USM. It is really good that I can met some new people and exchange some conversation with them. Such an event bring some sense of deja-vu back to my memory.

I still remember during the time uni, I had attended a lot of birthday celebration, most of the time is just a visit to some mamak store, order a glass of drinks, then chatting with friends about certain hot issues happening in the course, talking bad things about certain lecturers, and making the fun out of somebody. Then, the singing of birthday songs, cutting of cake and finally the pushing of the celebrated person's face onto the cake really made it a "grand" finale. Remembering back, it was the happiest memories that I had while I was studying back then.

Yesterday, the celebration is not really the same as the time back then. We still meet and talk, but the topic the were discussed mostly about each working life, no more those stuffs we uesd to talk any more. Well, I guess that most of us had already stepped into the adults life, where works had been the main topic to be discussed.

Anyway, the feeling of being able to meet up with the old friend is really excited. Even though we seldom meet, once we do, there's a lot of things to talk about. The good old days had passed, ut as long as there is a chance to gathered together, I will never missed that chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home