Those Were The Days....
Like Christmas, celebrating the coming of a new year had not been my cup of tea since I was a child. Yup, I can't deny that this year new year eve fall on the Saturday, but I will still be alone yet again. Since I was a student, the coming of a new year means the beginning of a new term of schooling, and the only thing the will be in mind is have I got all the books needed for the new term.
In my life, I only celebrated the coming of a new year twice. The first time was during my second year, where I spent the night at Gurney Drive for count down, then had the experience of having 8 people squeezing in a Wira when we went back to our house. Then the next morning, I spent the whole day going around Penang Island with few of my best friends, and still managed to catch the movie "Gladiators" when I reached home late at night.
My second one was spent in quite a interesting way. A few of us decided to have a barbeque night to celebrate new year, after few attempts of making a camping trip fail. So, the preparation and planning was being carried out a few weeks before the new year eve. However, the mood was a bit affected by the tsunami which struck part of the world on Boxing day. Despite that, the barbeque was being carried out successfully. It was the most enjoyable moment of spending my new year eve with my friends. The process of preparing for the event, till the celebrating of the new year when the clock struck 12 am is still fresh in my mind.
My best pal, who visited me during Christmas eve, asked me whether I still remembered that night, when we ran around and spraying people with artificial snow in an aerosol can when celebrating the coming new year. Well, I do remember that very moment. How I missed those days, not only that days, but the others days when I spent along with my friends back in uni.
So, what does the new year eve meant to me now? Well, I guess that I had the answer now. It gives me a chance to refresh back all the event that took place in my life. Whatever had happened, will always remains in my memories.
In my life, I only celebrated the coming of a new year twice. The first time was during my second year, where I spent the night at Gurney Drive for count down, then had the experience of having 8 people squeezing in a Wira when we went back to our house. Then the next morning, I spent the whole day going around Penang Island with few of my best friends, and still managed to catch the movie "Gladiators" when I reached home late at night.
My second one was spent in quite a interesting way. A few of us decided to have a barbeque night to celebrate new year, after few attempts of making a camping trip fail. So, the preparation and planning was being carried out a few weeks before the new year eve. However, the mood was a bit affected by the tsunami which struck part of the world on Boxing day. Despite that, the barbeque was being carried out successfully. It was the most enjoyable moment of spending my new year eve with my friends. The process of preparing for the event, till the celebrating of the new year when the clock struck 12 am is still fresh in my mind.
My best pal, who visited me during Christmas eve, asked me whether I still remembered that night, when we ran around and spraying people with artificial snow in an aerosol can when celebrating the coming new year. Well, I do remember that very moment. How I missed those days, not only that days, but the others days when I spent along with my friends back in uni.
So, what does the new year eve meant to me now? Well, I guess that I had the answer now. It gives me a chance to refresh back all the event that took place in my life. Whatever had happened, will always remains in my memories.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home