Monday, January 09, 2006

Is the Matter of Choice

I made a few calls to my friends to informed them about my recent promotion. And during the conversation, all three of them told me the same thing, that's is working is indeed more unbearable comparing to studying. And two of them even had changing of their job in their mind.

Well, hearing from them, I do feel that I can understand about their plight to change their job, especially my best friend. I still can't believe that why most people were entrusted with jobs and responsibilites which does not tally with their salary. So, I do encourage my friend to really seriously consider about changing her job if she really can't cope with it. No, is not that I am trying to influence her of changing her job. However, I was worried that her health will be affected, since she had to do so many thing.

Thinking back, I really ponder whether most of the jobs have such a pattern. Sometimes, it not that I really want to think that way. It is the society that made me think so. From my observations on people that I know around me, all of them are facing the same problem, that is work more, earn little. Is this what the working society is all about? I really can't say anymore. In fact, I am also included in this society as well.

Given the fact that I was being promoted, my increment does really tally with it. However, my workload had increase to double of the original workload. So, is this sound fair?? I can gurantee that all people that I asked will surely answered "NO" to it. I had the feeling that is not fair as well. I can't imagine how am I going to cope up with my deadline later on, when I need to look into two jobs. And it is giving me a real big question mark now.

However, does this matter made me feel like quiting my job? The answer will always be no. I believe that this is a golden opportuniy for me to gain extra knowledge about new things. So, even if my future will be overloding, I still preferred to gain new knowledge in a new field. And all I need know is just a little time management in coping up with my work load.

Now thinking back, actually throughout ur life, there is a lot of things that we need to decide. And all the time, it is not whether it is right or wrong, but is the matter of choice. We always have the choice to pick what we think is the best for us. However, once we have made our choice, we need to stick to it. In the end of the day, we might realised that it is not the best alternatives, but as long as we are determine with something, we will surely work our way to it. I believe in such concept

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home