Thursday, November 17, 2005

Raging through or after the stormy period...?

Yesterday, the whole company workers and staffs were asked to attend an emergency meeting right after the working hour. And the announcement of the company MD (Managing Director) was being removed from his decision really surprised quite a number of people (while, at least I was one of those who was caught by the surprising decision).

The intense was felt today when I reached the company this morning. I was actually blocked from entering the factory compound, due to some misunderstanding. The security guard thought that I am an office staff, and told me that I can only enter the compound at 8am sharp (???). However, I quickly remind him that I was not an office staff, but rather a factory worker (my job involved in the factory). So, I was granted entry. Some was unlucky though, because they were forced to wait in front of the gate for minutes. It also include the Production Executive, who nearly blew his head up when he was denied entry. The mist was later being cleared, after some miscommunication happened between the person who issue the memo and the guard (I didn't who is the one who issue the memo, anyway).

The removement of the MD really created a lot of gossips around the company. Everywhere I went, I heard hiss and huss about the regarding matter. And this decisions also raised some several comments from the senior staffs. They believed that the company will have a brighter future. And they also believe that some justice had been done this time. I, as a relative new staff in the company, didn't know why such a comments was being made. For me, I don't really bother with the office politic that was happening, just as long as it didn't jeopardise my job. However, I did worry that the removement might caused some unstability in the company. After all, the company is being left without a head for the coming 21 days.

Then, another emergency meeting was held this evening, where the company chairman met with all the department leader (which include me). The purpose of the meeting is to clear all the mist regarding the sudden decisions. And from the meeting, I began to learn about the true reasons for the removement, and I began to agree with the chairman decision. The most surprising thing is, I also witness how the other senior staff, who is also the shareholders of the company, actually stepped out and condemn the out-going MD. What I heard about the MD's fault (there is some mis-management from him) really disgust me, even though I am still a new staff. So, I can understand the feeling of the senior staffs. (I couldn't tell the mis-management that occurred, due to privacy).

However, the real question that really raise from my heart is where will the company be heading after a new General Manager being elected the next 21 day (the title MD will be change to GM). My chairman told us that our company will only become stronger, if we all work as a team. He also told us not to worry too much as our current job is safe. Still, all this is just verbal promise made by him. Whether the company is in a stormy period, or it just past the period, I still have doubt in my mind.

What I can do now is to wait and see how the company will progress after new management was being elected. If there is still no improvement being made, or the condition becomes worse, I guess it will be the time where I will activate the "My Resume" folder and updates my resume. Get what I mean??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home