Monday, January 30, 2006

Is New Year the Time to Change Our Job???

I started this posting with this questions after a phone conversation with my best friend on Chinese New Year Eve. She told me that most of my friends, who are currently working wishes to change their current job. I didn't enquire it further, because I thought that there is nothing much I can help in their situation.

I just had another phone conversation with one of my better friends just an hour ago, and not to my surprise, she is also one of them who wishes to change her job after Chinese New Year. Well, I didn't discourage nor encourage her, but merely offer my point of view regarding the changing job issue.

For me, I always believe that there are two important factors that influence someone to change their job, either there is a better opportunity awaits them, or saturation happened that unable them to gain more knowledge in their current company, so they decided to move ahead to gain new challenge.

From my friend conversation, I can conclude that her reasons for her to change job are the both I mentioned above, plus she don't really like the management of the company. So, I guess that the best move for her is to look for a better job. There is no point hanging on something which doesn't results in anything.

Thinking back, I faced the same situation early this month, where I decided to change my current job, because I believed that I had become saturated with it. If not because of a new appointment, I should be doing a new job now. Well, I guess that how working life is all about. We don't really find someone who work in a ceratin company for a long time, unless they always have the opportunity to upgrade themselve.

However, the funny thing that caught up in my mind is why people always plan to change their job whenever a new year arise. Is it because it has become a norm, or is there a better reason for it. I still remember my friend used to tell me that I should start looking for a job after getting bonus from my company. I found it a bit annoying because it doesn't sound right to me. Or maybe that's the reasons why people change their job after new year. It is because even if their had quit their job, they still have their bonuses to spent while looking for a new job. And that's just my guesses.

As for me, I will only change my job if either both reasons happened to me in my current company. However, under certain circumstances, I might also change my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home