Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Malaysian Idol vs Malaysian Idle

I find it quite amusing when I still see articles sent to The Star paper, commenting on the recent Malaysian Idol which was ended one month ago (as the matter of fact, it is more than one month). Comments like "Daniel shouldn't have won it", "He only win because of his look" (he's not really that's handsome, from my point of view), etc. and in addition of arguing weeks in and weeks out, I really thinks that those who had been sending in the letters are just making their precious time idle. Look, just answer this question, will all these comments changes the fact that Daniel is the second Malaysian Idol??? The answer is definitely NO. So, since it is a clear cut answers, why they still bother to continue this "chicken-and-egg" argument???

From my point of view, I would suggest them to buy the album from both Nita and Daniel once it was being release, and then judge them by ourselve and see whether the right decision had been made or not. And just a reminder, not always the winner will be popular if compare to the runner-up. Whether their career will be in the long run depends on the number of supporter they had. So, if the speculation that Daniel supporters voted more, then the trend will be seen later, since I doubt that people will buy more than one album per person. So, all we need to do now is to wait and see.

However, a real question that really popped out here is, "What's the real definition of an Idol really means??" Does someone who is damn good at singing can be crowned as an Idol?? I personally doubt it. In the music industry, I had seen and heard some of the rock band, which I don't know what the hell they are singing in their concert, yet they still had the ability to attract a lots of supporter. So, being an Idol is not really about good in singing, but have the ability to attract viewers attention through their performance, singing skills, voices, etc..

In our country, Daniel definitely had drawn a new line on the definition of an Idol. According to his statement duirng the press conference, he said that being an Idol, he needs to set a good example to the young people, which is quite true to me because throughout the whole competition, he has been in a low profile, takes criticism in a positive manners, an being humble when giving out comment. Unlike Nita (ok, the statement here, I quote from a friend of mine), she has been a bit pround in one of the Spectaculars. When the question of "which is more important, friendship or competition??", she came out with a comment that in this MI2, the competiyion is between her and Xera, which is a bit too proud and belittle other competitors. And the friend of my had hated Nita attitude since then....

Well, no matter who will be in the industry for a longer period, I just wish both of them Good Luck, and hope that they will make the country proud..

p/s: I am looking forward for Daniel's album, which will be released in the mid of this month

1 Comments:

Blogger safelists said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home