Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Our Own Chosen Path

I received a message from a friend of mine yesterday morning which sounded like this;

".....Life is neither a 100 meter dash nor is is a marathon. Life is a hurdle race whereby one must have the resilience to overcome all the obstacles before he reach his goal...."

Well, I understand the meaning of this phrase, but I don't quite agree about it. He might think that his life is a hurdle race, but others might not. And it is not only a hurdle race consists of obstacles, because races like marathon and 100 meter also have its own obstacles. It depends on other people points of view.

In our life, we had the right of choosing our own path. For example, if we really love marathon, we would trained very hard in the event, make sure we had all the quality we had before we can actually win the race. That's what life is all about. There are many ways for us to succeed, but it is up to us to choose the path that we prefer to. Some prefer a faster way to be successful, but other might prefer a longer period and making sure he had a strong foundation before proceeding to the next step. Either way, both will eventual end up as champion. The only matter is who did it earlier, but that's not a problem at all.

I still remember a phrase that I heard from watching a japanese anime which sounded like this;

".....Does one flow on a predestined wave, or rides on the tide of his own choice?? No matter which way you choose, you may end up with the same results. However, by coosing the latter, it ensure us to work hard and never give in our goal. That mentality will only make us a stronger person...."

I love this phrase because it reflected my personal life. If I had let destiny to take control over me 3 years ago, I would have end up being a pharmacist. But in the end, I didn't, and rather work hard and focus on the degree that I took that time. And the results is, I finally graduated, get a fine job, and above all, gained a lot of sweet and memorable memories while I was studying there. Not to forget that I eventually make friends with a lot of wonderfull people, where some of them had become my best friend ever since.

So, I never regret of rejecting my relative offer that time. I can't denied that I might be earning more money if I had became a pharmacist. But I guess with all the memories and friendship I had, they were the best reward that I ever had in my life. So, I never regret of sticking on my own chosen path. But contrary, I let fate decide on my love life, even though I told myself that I should ride on my own tides. How ironic, isn't it.........???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home