Monday, November 07, 2005

Seeing Reality of Life in Football

It can't be denied that the most famous arguement that will ever occurred betweena guy and a girl (majority of them) is about fooball, especially when both of them had become a couple. Most of the time, guys would have prefer to watch a football match with his group of peers, whereas a girl would prefer her partner to spent more time with her. This arguement will definitely on-going for a long period.

For me, I had never been in this kind of situation before in my life, since I didn't have a stable relation yet till today. However, I still faced the wrath of this situation when arguement occurred between some of my closest friend and me, bout this topic foot. Well, their logic is simple, why watch a stupid movie, where 22 other people chasing for a damn ball. And I repeated answer that it is not stupid, as it is a game of skills, talents, and technique required to outwit the other team. And the arguement will go on and on.

However, my passion towards football has been hang on the balance after sometimes in the university, after I started a relation with a girl (I shouldn't call it a relation, since there is no commitment from the girl side). Unlike last time, I had began to skip early morning matches, because according to her, it is not apprioprate to watch these matches. If before, I would have did so with a group of few friends to catch the exciting matches. I still remembered the game where Greece was crowned European champion. My friend and I had a lecture at 8am, yet both of us still managed to watch the games together. Then not to miss out the infamous battle between Man Utd (the team I had supported all this while) and Arsenal last season, where all of us get up and went for the match, realising that all of us had a presentation the later. However, that's what the passion towards football that was in me that time.

The passion nowadays is getting lesser, since I had been missing games that I should had watch, such as the Champion League. And in addition to that, my supported team, Man Utd, had been playing SUCKING football now days, which makes me think that football is just as what some of my female friends has been saying. However, all this opinion had changed since this morning. This morning, I had watched a early morning match the first time since Match this year. A match between Portsmouth and Wigan Athletics.

The game really open up my eyes towards the really football which I had desired to watch. Wigan Athletics, a club which was just being promoted this season, currently standing at 2nd position in the Premier League, better than any other team besides the high riding Chelsea. Well, how did they ever managed such a position has been the debate among fanatics around the world. After the match this morning, I guess that I knew the answer. They might not have highly skillful player, nor did they have well-known figures such as David Beckham, Wayne Rooney, or Frank Lampard, and in addition, they did not have players which as highly rated in the country, but their fighting spirit is always there. I can say that they trully played football because they loved the games, and willing to go all out for a win. This is why the team caught my attention.

This team also remind me of the reality in our life. Well, in our life, we might not be smarter than other, we might not have the experience that other have, we might not be richer than other people, but as long as we didn't give up in life, and always strive for our goal, there is sure one day that we will achieved our dream one day, just like what Wigan Athletics till now....

For Wigan, I will support you all the way in this season.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home