Friday, February 03, 2006

The Post-New Year Scenario

After the past few days of celebrating CNY, I guess that it is time to get my feet back on the ground. No, no.....I haven't resume back to my work, as I will only do so next Monday. However, I had know what is awaiting me when I starts working next week.

So, my activities today were not really a pleasant one. I began my day by getting myself to a near by post office to settle up some of my house's bills. And upon reaching that office, I was quite shocking to find that the queue was so long. I began to wonder whether that was an effect of a long holiday breaks, or it is simply just human nature to delay thei payment till the eleven hours. Nevetheless, I patiently waited for my turn, which took me about half an hour before it reached my turn to settle up those bills.

The next stop, I rushed to a bank to deposit some of my New Year earning and some of my bonus remaining. I always wish to save some of my money into that bank account before it was being terminated for being inactive. So, when I reached that bank, it was a little too late, as all the counter is preparing to close down to make way to the Friday prayer. However, it was lucky that the bank provide a cash deposit machine. So, I just chuck all the money I wish to save into the bank and Ta--dah........I got it deposited.

After doing so, I went to a nearby shopping complex to purchase a badminton racquet, which I had longed for. Lady luck was not really kind to me, as I couldn't find a shop which provide netting service to my racquet (I just bought a racquet which enquire me to do my own netting on the frame). Failing to do so, I decided to go back to my own house to have a good rest.

The lousy bus service could well summarise my unpleasant day, when I was forced to make my way back with my feet, when I couldn't get a bus. I hardly see it as surprising, as I had given up hope on my state's bus service. So, I walked home under a hot sun for nearly 40 minutes before I stepped into the paradise....my home...

So, what an ending for the new year holiday. Even though I am still into my holiday, most people had resume their job, which makes the hoilday mood in me a little bit dampen. Oh yes......I got a message from my friend while I was making my way home, asking for advices regarding job switching. So, we might just have a one week short holidays, and yet so many things had change after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home