Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Shocking News on the First Day of Work.

I was a bit shocked when I resumed my work yesterday morning. Apart from the daily lectures from my Manager, the news that caught my attention the most was a workers, who had committed suicide on the first day of my factory off day.

No, I was not trying to be a busybody here. As the matter of fact, I didn't really know the victim well. All these well, our relation was just between colleague, regarding the same job scope. The thing that really left me a bit moved was she was actually one of the many workers that wishes me happy new year when I was about to take off from my company last Friday. I wouldn't have imagine that that was probably the first and the last time I ever got contacted with her.

Her suicide had created quite a number of speculations among the factory workers here. For me, I couldn't be bordered with all these speculations. What she had done in the beginning was wrong (committing suicides). However, since she had already depart from this world, I guess that that poor lady needs a peaceful departure.

This case really put me again in an argument corner. For me, I am really against people from committing suicides. From my point of view, I think that those people who commit suicide were just too selfish. When there are innocent people around the world wishes that they could have a longer life, these people simply took away the sacred life given to them. Instead of spending their life preciously, they just simply gave away theirs.

However, if you think properly, I guess that in this world, none of us would say that life is not important to them. Perhaps, those suiciders had reached the limits of their nerves and falls into deep depression. And from the moment of depressions till their suicides, I guess that their mind was not rationally stable during that period. So, we couldn't really blame them for what they had done. I guess that when they are in their most depress moment, if there was a person who are willing to step in and guide them, I guess that they won't resolve into taking suicide as an option in their route.

But then, human relationships are sometimes very complicated. All of the victims close colleagues didn't see it coming on the last day of work. Everything is fine after working day, without any strange behaviours, words or acts that gives someone the impression that she will be committing suicide. Or maybe there is indeed some hint that a suicide would take place, but none actually pay attention on it.

Perhaps, we, as human needs to pay a little more attention to the people around us in order to make our relationship less complicated. Then, perhaps, we can be a little more helpful in helping out others when they are in need of our help.

....."I pray for the suicider, may her soul rest in peace".....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home