We Never Live in a Fair World
I usually had my cup of Milo during my tea break around 3pm daily. Well, is not because that I am hungry at that time. After all, I had my lunch at 1pm usually. I did took some light delicacies at tea break just to keep my stomach on-going till 7pm, so that I won't suffer from gastric before taking my dinner.
Well, it was yesterday when as usual, I went to my factory canteen for my tea break. Then, I saw that one of my factory cleaner, having his tea break all alone, on a table few feets away from me. He is a new workers, only join the company for around 3 weeks, and I had never really talked to him. Often, we greet each other by a nod. From his physical, I can roughly guess that he was in his sixties.
I began to wonder why in heaven an old guy like him, who was suppose to be enjoying his retirement at this age, still need to work. I mean, after he spent much of his life working, bringing up his children, I strongly believe that he should had his worth of enjoying his life by now. Why in this world, some people at this age, are enjoying their life with their grandchildren, or even enjoying flying to other country, and yet there is some one like this old guy still need to work. Is this what we called fairness? Perhaps, he had his own reasons to work till this age. However, shouldn't his children prevent him from doing so? I mean, maybe he can still work, but not a tough job like this one he is having now.
Then, this again bring me to another term of fairness. Just a few hours ago, I was talking to one of my colleague before he went back. I told him that my company never really practices the term of fairness. I refer it mostly due to my job scope. I had been wandering in a space of my, seaching for an answer why I was being paid so little, but required to do such a huge amuont of duties. It doesn't make sense to me at all. It just really put us as what people said , "kuli", since we need to hug the mountain and sea. And while we did so, other "champions" actually sits in their office, complaining the number of OT we had claimed, saying that we are "cheating" company money. Wait, hold on a second...........just think, please.......if we were given an opportunity, I would prefer to go back early rather than staying for so much OT, which in return, affected my health. If given an opportunity, I would have went straight to their face, and ask them to replace us, then only they had the right to say whether we are "cheating" the company money or not.
So, what type of fairness are we talking about now? While others are enjoying their life, here we are working like mad just to make our life a little bit more better.
Perhaps, I would said that there is no such things as better or best, and the only thing that makes the different is "comparison". Everything in this world are just relatively related. So, is only because of comparison that differenciate what is good and what is bad.
So, there is no use in comparing what others have with what we don't have. What we need to do is just to do the best we can to make our life better.....
As Buddha says, "..........In this world, there is no good, nor there is no bad, there is only compariosn that makes it either good or bad...."
Well, it was yesterday when as usual, I went to my factory canteen for my tea break. Then, I saw that one of my factory cleaner, having his tea break all alone, on a table few feets away from me. He is a new workers, only join the company for around 3 weeks, and I had never really talked to him. Often, we greet each other by a nod. From his physical, I can roughly guess that he was in his sixties.
I began to wonder why in heaven an old guy like him, who was suppose to be enjoying his retirement at this age, still need to work. I mean, after he spent much of his life working, bringing up his children, I strongly believe that he should had his worth of enjoying his life by now. Why in this world, some people at this age, are enjoying their life with their grandchildren, or even enjoying flying to other country, and yet there is some one like this old guy still need to work. Is this what we called fairness? Perhaps, he had his own reasons to work till this age. However, shouldn't his children prevent him from doing so? I mean, maybe he can still work, but not a tough job like this one he is having now.
Then, this again bring me to another term of fairness. Just a few hours ago, I was talking to one of my colleague before he went back. I told him that my company never really practices the term of fairness. I refer it mostly due to my job scope. I had been wandering in a space of my, seaching for an answer why I was being paid so little, but required to do such a huge amuont of duties. It doesn't make sense to me at all. It just really put us as what people said , "kuli", since we need to hug the mountain and sea. And while we did so, other "champions" actually sits in their office, complaining the number of OT we had claimed, saying that we are "cheating" company money. Wait, hold on a second...........just think, please.......if we were given an opportunity, I would prefer to go back early rather than staying for so much OT, which in return, affected my health. If given an opportunity, I would have went straight to their face, and ask them to replace us, then only they had the right to say whether we are "cheating" the company money or not.
So, what type of fairness are we talking about now? While others are enjoying their life, here we are working like mad just to make our life a little bit more better.
Perhaps, I would said that there is no such things as better or best, and the only thing that makes the different is "comparison". Everything in this world are just relatively related. So, is only because of comparison that differenciate what is good and what is bad.
So, there is no use in comparing what others have with what we don't have. What we need to do is just to do the best we can to make our life better.....
As Buddha says, "..........In this world, there is no good, nor there is no bad, there is only compariosn that makes it either good or bad...."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home